The developmental goals for sustainability and renewable energy has been set in almost all the MENA countries. There are increasing possibilities of accelerated development of energy infrastructure and technological upgrade and human resource development respectively to promote innovative ideas in the sector. Beside large-scale renewable energy projects, it is expected that the region will witness development of local industries for manufacture of equipment/systems for renewable energy projects. Now that renewable energy projects like PV Solar, CSP, wind energy and waste to energy projects are being set up there are new challenges faced by the renewable energy industry.
After the remarkable success of our first edition of Sustainable Energy and Technology Summit (SETS) in Kuwait held on 3-4 April 2018, we would like to introduce the Second edition “Oman Sustainable Energy and Technology Summit”, scheduled to be held on 11-12 December 2018, in Muscat, Oman which aims to bring together various stakeholders like ministries, research institutions and industry specialists to focus on sharing the current market trends, technological advancements and future challenges and create a platform to:
- Review the current policies and regulations regarding renewable energy projects and electricity generation
- Address the potential and current challenges in manufacturing of solar and wind technologies locally
- Explore the viability of proven and emerging solar and wind energy technologies in Oman’s climate
- Evaluate local funding instruments and opportunities for solar and energy storage projects
- Learn from different case studies presented on financing and business models
- Find partners, business matchmaking and local investment opportunities